mc_meettom_468x60

Rooney D&D Banner v.2

Inky Endorses Sabrin

By Matt Rooney | The Save Jersey Blog

Murray Sabrin

Murray Sabrin

Citing his support for civil liberties and pledge to work across the aisle, the newly-liberated Philadelphia Inquirer editorial board has decided to endorse Murray Sabrin in next Tuesday’s NJ GOP U.S. Senate primary, Save Jerseyans, over his three party rivals:

“Of them, MURRAY SABRIN appears to be Republicans’ best choice. The finance professor at Ramapo College is a human library of monetary theory and a paragon of libertarian principals. Having been a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in 2008 and the Libertarian Party nominee for governor in 1997, Sabrin also seems most prepared to carry out a vigorous campaign.”

Click here to read the full endorsement. Want to weigh in before June 3rd? You’ve come to the right place. Vote in our open online poll and opine in the busy comments section.

53 comments on “Inky Endorses Sabrin

1. Anonymous says:

Murray received over 110,000 votes in the 1997 gubernatorial election, and a combined total of approximately 60,000 votes in both the 2000 and 2008 primary (about 34,000 in 2000 and 25,000 in 2008, respectively). Those elections were different because the establishment GOP had a candidate in the race, which makes it difficult for an anti-establishment candidate to win. Because this race lacks any substantial intervention from the establishment, Murray’s name might resonate with voter’s in the voting booth. Plus, Sabrin’s libertarian/conservative base has the potential to drive him to victory on June 3rd. He also holds the line in populous Middlesex county. This is anybody’s ball game, however, Murray has some nice endorsements (Ron Paul, Rich Merkt, Senator Mike Doherty, Senator Steve Oroho, and now the Philly Inquirer newspaper). I think it will be Murray and Pezzullo in the long run.

I received a call from the Jeff Bell campaign just a few minutes ago; it was a voice recording of Steve Forbes encouraging primary voters to vote for Bell. I have not received calls from any other campaign. From what I know and see, Brian Goldberg is attending various events around NJ to attract votes. Rich Pezzullo has an outstandingly organized campaign with a volunteers making phone calls. Murray Sabrin is probably the most vocal over Facebook/Twitter and apparently is using the radio as a means of getting his campaign out there (also direct mail techniques). Jeff Bell is utilizing direct mail/robo calls. Conclusion: Anybody’s game, but I’m predicting a tight race between Pezzullo/Sabrin with Pezzullo slightly winning. Man, NJ politics is exciting!

• Anonymous III says:

I really can’t stand Jeff Bell. He’s brought an out-of-state army in to try to take a nomination he hasn’t lived in Jersey long enough to earn. I feel like a native, being attacked by foreign invaders, and I’m taking a stand. Do not vote for Jeff Bell. I’d gladly support him for Senator from Virginia. But we need a Jersey resident representing Jersey-Jeff Bell is just renting his place in Leonia!

• Anonymous says:

I will not be voting for Jeff Bell. I will be supporting Murray Sabrin and I encourage you to do the same. Clearly the smartest guy of the bunch and has potential to finish Lonegan’s work from last year. Sabrin 2014

2. Anonymous says:

Sabrin’s an egomaniac who could only talk one county in to endorsing him. Reading his Facebook and twitter, he sounds like a guy who stares in a mirror for an hour and compliments himself.

3. Gadzooks says:

I have looked at their websites and/or FB pages and determined that Rich Pezzullo most closely aligns with my views. What sealed it for me was that he was the only one who made the effort to reach out in my District, and I liked what he had to say when I met him. Will gladly cast my vote for him.

4. publiusnj says:

How you vote in the primary for Senator will determine the relevance of the party State-wide for the next several years. Choose wisely, folks.

If Booker defeats the R again, “relevance” may become an issue…purely by percentage.

5. Gary Jacques via Facebook says:

And in totally unsurprising news, liberal Tom MacArthur received the endorsement of the most liberal newspaper in Pennsylvania!

The newspaper praised liberal MacArthur’s willingness to “compromise” and applauded the fact that MacArthur “acknowledges that government has a role to play in health care,” (Obamacare). (Philadelphia Inquirer, 5/27/2014)

The newspaper believes that compromise by conservatives is a good thing. The piece went on to criticize Steve Lonegan for his “uncompromising conservatism” and “government-is-the-problem ideology.”

• Jonah Kyle says:

You are correct. And let’s be clear: The “INKY” endorsed Booker over Lonegan last year.

The bottom line: The Inquirer has not endorsed a conservative over a democrat in years, probably not since Reagan, and most probably before. So when the editorial staff endorses a GOP candidate, what they are REALLY doing is endorsing the candidate whom Booker can have the EASIEST road to victory. And Sabrin has a lot of baggage going for him which will make it easy for the Inkster to flip-flop its “endorsement” of Sabrin once the general election campaign heats up.

Keep in mind, the Left FEARS principled, conservative candidates. That is why they do their DAMNEDEST to eliminate them in the primary. Sabrin provides the weakest link of the four candidates, hence the endorsement and the editors’ mealy-mouthed explanations.

I mean, COME ON. A liberal paper endorsing Sabrin for his “free market principles?” Seriously?

Rich Pezzullo is the only candidate who is the “complete package.” Conservative, articulate, likeable, and can both communicate AND command conservative ideals to the likes of RINO’s like Graham and McCain without compromising conservative principles, which is frankly more important than “getting along” with the democrats.

• Anonymous says:

Pezzullo has no money, Sabrin does. That’s all that’s important nowadays. Pezzullo can be the most liked guy in NJ, he will not stand a chance without any $. Sabrin has 7.5 times the money of all the Republicans involved combined. Plus if he wins the primary, he will be one of the only liberty minded candidates in the general election for 2014, which means the libertarian grassroots donors will storm to his campaign (the Ron Paul people). And there is no need to question Sabrin’s legitimacy as a conservative, he has been preaching limited government principles for many years now. Has a stronger grasp on the economic problems in this country than Pezzullo does…he’s an economic genius. Booker won’t show up to the Booker-Sabrin debates, you can count on that.

• Anonymous says:

How do you know how much money Sabrin has? He didn’t file the required pre-primary report last week, instead receiving a second FEC violation notice (the first was for forgetting which party he was running under on his Statement of Organization!).

While his possibly $40K or $50K is more than Bell’s $4K and Goldberg’s $1,600, that $40K, or even $100K, isn’t going to beat Booker.

Ask yourself:
          After the Primary, who might be able to raise money from across the Republican spectrum and even mobilize Independents?

Murray’s promise of riding the Ron Paul endorsement to millions is obviously not panning out. Pezzullo is a “full-throated conservative” that screams and shouts – and will scare away moderates and independents. Only Bell, with his past political connections, and Goldberg, whose mainstream supporters respect the primary and therefore wait until after to donate, have any chance of raising the serious cash needed to even be heard against Booker’s Hollywood war chest.

• Anonymous says:

The Ron Paul people will join in after Sabrin wins the primary. Most liberty minded candidates across the nation have lost the primaries to establishment candidates. If Murray wins the primary (which is very possible), the libertarian grassroots movement will storm over to him.

Sorry, I don’t see Bell or Goldberg beating Booker, or raising the money that you claim they will be able to raise. I do think it is more plausible that Sabrin will finish Lonegan’s work from last year. Lonegan’s attack style (while annoying after a while) brought the race closer than everyone had initially anticipated. Sabrin now can use Booker’s record as Senator from the past year (which essentially, is NOTHING) against him. Booker’s ratings are DOWN, and Sabrin is the only fire brand guy who will call him out. Regardless, I will support Sabrin, Pezzullo, or Bell in November. I will vote 3rd party or stay home if Goldberg wins.

• Jonah Kyle says:

Please, no RINO’s. Republicans, by their very definition of the party as limited government and deference to states as opposed to federal rule must be conservative. We do not need any big-government, crony-capitalist moderate wimps in play, as collectively they do just as much damage as full-throttled socialists that run the Democrat Party.

And to the Sabrin anonymous commenter: Spare me the “Ron Paul Types” speech. If they really were as teeming as you think, Congress would be filled with conservatives OR libertarians by now. We need someone who is more likely to stand up to John McCain and Mitch McConnell as well as Harry Reid and Barack Obama, and only Rich can do this effectively, based upon his life experience and track record.

6. Anonymous says:

Other amonymous: Sabrin’s been hit with a notice of failure to file by the FEC. My guess is he has no money and doesn’t want anyone to find that out til after the primary.
    He’s a walking gaffe waiting to happen. I will not have a Todd Aken re-run when we have a chance to beat Booker.

7. fashion terbaru wanita

How do I copyright articles and newsletters that I am wanting to publish?

8. boncoin says:

boncoin

How do I copyright the content on my web site?

9. Free Sports Picks

How do I prevent Firefox from opening a site that has a virus?

10. koleksi kata mutiara islami inspiratif

How can I make a personalized banner for a blogspot blog?

11. grosir indonesia

If I publish my articles to my school paper are they copyrighted or do I have any ownership over them?

12. Sports Picks says:

Sports Picks

I have been given a Dell computer from my sister. However, her former husband set up his account on this computer (says he cannot remember the password), making himself the only administrator. Now, I cannot add any programs ( like iTunes), nor can I de…

13. model baju says:

model baju

What is the best free software to automatically backup wordpress database and files?

14. party bus says:

party bus

how come some blogs in a blogroll do not have their most recent post listed and others do? How to change that?

15. model baju wanita terbaru

How do i start a website and what is the approximate cost?

16. SduVndJj says:

SduVndJj

Inky Endorses Sabrin | The Save Jersey Blog

17. fashion baju terbaru

I just downloaded Mozilla firefox, how do i make it so my opening page is bebo? I know its possible i just can’t remember how. I mean so that when you open firefox its not google its bebo, if yous get what i mean?.

18. gambar bingkai kaligrafi

It seems there are websites and blogs devoted to many activities, such tv, music, lives of celebrities, etc.. . But I really cannot find websites and blogs devoted to reading, unfortunately an afterthought when it comes to pastimes.. . Anyone know some…

19. american sweets wholesale

I just installed a new itunes on a different computer, and I want to manually sync some videos to my ipod. What I need to know if if I plug my ipod into the computer(which is FILLED with my music) will it start to synchronize right away to the empty it…

20. business plan writing

How do I copyright articles that I have written for free?

21. webinar test says:

webinar test

Is there a degree that exists for use of music AND creative writing two fields? If there is, do you know the name of it?. . I want to combine these two of my interests (loves) but I don’t know what kind of degree offers the use of both.. . Please help…

22. flooring, hardwood flooring

I’m planning to create my own blog, and a question comes up to my mind..

23. debt consolidation

How do I allow contributors to see only their uploads in WordPress?

24. beats for sale

Can connecting another computer to my network influence the connections of the other computers?

25. party bus rates

I am interested in advertising a new social networking site. I have never wrote a Blog before. How should I write this? . And where do I go to write a Blog. This is all new to me and I want to start rocking.. Thanks..

26. obat bekas jerawat

I am using the revolution code blue template for wordpress. I would like to change all fonts to Trebuchet MS. I have tried editing the stylesheet but no luck. Any suggestions?.

27. debt consolidation

I’m going to start a serious blog that will eventually hold a great deal of content. I am a graphic designer, and my husband does my web programming, so this is for reals (haha, yes I just said that). That being said, I’ve already started collecting…

28. toko tas wanita online

How can I create a WordPress Theme without installing WordPress on my computer?

29. jerawat dan bekas jerawat

I have a food blog on blogger and I would like to add a option to make it easy for people to print my recipes. Any help? I have looked at the few places the net has up but they do not seem to be good nor work. Thank you..

30. harga spring bed anak

I wanted to translate some articles from a foreign magazine and I was wondering if its legal to post them online..

31. wajah bebas jerawat

I’m new to blogging and I am using Tumblr. I want to make sure no one obtains my content or background images and pictures. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks!.

32. tas ransel lipat

If you like reading a blog, what kind of interesting things that make you like that blog? Give me your favorite blog links too..

33. butik baju korea online

I’m wanting to download some videos from various different sites like youtube, Google videos, and a few other sites for my entertainment at home. I’ve downloaded an extension from Media Converter for Firefox, but I don’t see it anywhere. Can someone…

34. tas bonjour review

Are you a creative writing instructor at a university? How do you handle potentially dangerous students?

35. Golongan Darah

I’m planning to write a literature blog, and I want to get as much readers as possible, even those who don’t like books much, to be able to encourage them to read. Suggestions? No bashing please!.

36. bachelorette party ideas

I’m creating a collaborative blog and I need to know if I can transform a blogspot blog into one where anyone can add content and edit or change the text. Maybe there is another type of blog whee you can do this.. Thanks everyone..

37. novoline says:

novoline

How do I transfer current joomla files over to yahoo web hosting?

38. website design houston

How do I export from blogger to wordpress without ruining indexed permalinks?

39. black head treatment

My computer with itunes crashed, just installed itunes on new computer. How to keep ipod from syncing to it?

40. bachelorette party ideas

If I start a blog on Myspace, will it get listed in search engines like Google? If so, is there a way to keep them from being crawled?. . Thank you.

41. Internet Banking

I’m new to blogspot and I’m having a difficult time. How can I change the background to a picture I want?.

42. beli emas online

How do I get my WordPress articles to pop up in peoples google searches?

43. walnuts health benefits

I would like to be a creative writing professor, but I can no find out exactly what they do. I love to write, and to help other people become better writers, so that is why I want to become a creative writing/english professor. Does this fit with the p…

44. Souls in the Waves

Excellent Morning, I just stopped in to go to your web site and assumed I would say I liked myself.