Netroots Nation (a leading liberal “progressive” group has sounded the alarm. They’re worried — really worried because the Democrat Party is in decline throughout the nation.
Democrats are losing offices and elections at record levels. And all of this has happened since Barack Obama took office.
Now, you’d never know this to listen to the liberal mainstream media — but it’s true.
Consider the facts:
Since President Obama took office, Democrats have lost nearly 1,000 state legislative seats.
- There are now only seven states where Democrats control the governor’s office and both houses of the legislature.
- Democrats have lost both the US House and the Senate and Republicans now have their largest majorities in those two bodies since the 1920s.
- Obama now presides over a Democratic Party that has lost 13 seats in the U.S. Senate and 69 in the House during his tenure, a net loss unmatched by any modern U.S. president.
- Democrats have also lost 11 governorships, four state attorneys general, more than 900 legislative seats, as well as the majorities in 30 state legislative chambers.
- In 23 states, Republicans control the governor’s office and the legislature.
- Democrats have lost control of some of the biggest and most powerful states in the nation: Florida, Ohio and Michigan to name a few.
- The national Democrat leadership is old, old, old: Hillary Clinton is 67; Bernie Sanders is 74; Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are also both 74; Joe Biden is 72; Pelosi’s top assistant in the House, Steny Hoyer is 75. The party has no bench — no future.
This is one of the biggest untold stories of our time.
But facts and numbers don’t lie. Even traditionally blue states like Maryland and New Jersey have Republican governors today.
Under Barack Obama, the Democrat Party has failed.
Oh, yes the Obama machine has been able to win two elections. But those victories were for Obama, not for the Democrat Party.