My Fellow Republicans,
Upon announcing my candidacy for Governor of our state, I outlined a comprehensive and dynamic five-point plan to take New Jersey in a new direction. A plan that solves our property tax crisis, that creates economic opportunity and good-paying jobs, and that sets the stage for long-term prosperity and security for all citizens. A plan that restores and revitalizes New Jersey as a great place to live, work and retire.
I also pledged to re-energize and grow the New Jersey Republican Party. That is why today, I am releasing my Contract with the NJ Republican Party. This contract demonstrates my steadfast commitment to a set of principles and proposals that clearly define our purpose: Rebuilding our party with the goal of consistently winning more elections on the local, county, state and federal levels.
As Governor and leader of our state party, I pledge to:
- Restructure the New Jersey Republican State Committee to ensure that monies raised by the NJGOP are focused on nothing other than winning elections at all levels. That includes hiring experienced political field staff to put ‘on the ground’ in each county who will work hand-in-hand with county and local party leaders to target key races, recruit quality candidates and run professional races on the local, county and state legislative levels.
- Campaign side-by-side with Republicans in all 21 counties and compete for every vote from Cape May to High Point, never sacrificing qualified Republicans courageous enough to put their names on the ballot.
- Commit to personally headlining at least one fundraiser per year in each of the state’s 21 counties with the goal of bolstering Republican organizations and candidates dedicated to building party infrastructure and winning general elections.
- Grow the Republican Party and improve our brand with young voters, minorities and women with direct personal outreach, fresh ideas and a compelling ‘big tent’ message. The New Jersey Republican Party will, in every way, be the Party of Lincoln, competing for and winning the support of all voters.
- Bring together leaders of the State Senate, State Assembly and ALL County Chairs to develop and implement a strategy that enables us to win the next legislative redistricting fight, thereby producing a competitive map with a realistic path to a Republican majority in both houses of the State Legislature.