But you have to drill all the way down into the poll’s figures to find the bad news.
Apparently, CBS doesn’t want you to find the negative figures but they’re there and they are stark.
Here’s what the poll says:
- Only 29% of those surveyed think Obama’s policies have made America safer while a whopping 69% say his policies have made us less safe of have had no effect.
- A majority, 51% of Americans disapprove of Obama’s handling of terrorism.
- Just 40% of Americans approve of the president’s handling of ISIS.
- On foreign policy overall, Obama gets a very low 35% approval rating.
- The president’s overall job approval rating remains stuck in the low forties – 42%
- Only 25% of Americans say they have “a lot of confidence” in Obama’s handling of an international crisis. 44% have little or no confidence.
- Nearly one-third of voters (31%) see their midterm vote as a vote against Obama.
Republicans now have a six-point lead in preference among voters if the congressional elections were held today.
- In the vote for control of the Senate, the GOP holds a five-point lead with more Americans now preferring to see Republicans control the Senate and more Americans planning to vote for the GOP this November.
- Republicans are far more enthusiastic about voting next month than Democrats. In this category, the GOP holds a ten-point lead. Its voters are enthusiastic and motivated.
- More Republicans (37%) are paying a lot of attention to the campaign than Democrats (28%).
Across the board, the figures for Obama and the Democrats are not good.