While Carlos Rendo is extraordinarily popular mayor, Save Jerseyans, many in the state are scratching their heads. They’re unfamiliar with the Kim Guadagno’s expected lieutenant governor running mate selection.
Here is a fun facts about our next (!) LG:
- Rendo was born in communist Cuba in 1964 but immigrated to the United States in 1966 at the age of 2 settling attending New Jersey public schools and graduating from Emerson High School in Union City.
- Hailing from Hudson County before moving to Bergen, Carlos was registered to vote by long-time Hudson County GOP Chairman and staunch Guadagno loyalist Jose Arango.
- Now a successful attorney with his own practice, Rendo graduated from Temple Law School.
- He has served on the New Jersey Ethics Advisory Counsel (amazingly that is a thing!) and has also served as a trustee for New Jersey State University.
- Rendo became the first Hispanic mayor in the history of Woodcliff Lake after defeating Republican-turned-Democrat and fellow Councilman Jeff Bader in 2015.
- A staunch New Jersey resident to the core, Rendo attended Rutgers for his undergraduate is an avid fan of the university’s sports teams.
- Dating back to his law school days, Rendo is friends with Senator Marco Rubio and hosted a fundraiser for him in New Jersey (choosing to back him over Chris Christie.
Welcome Carlos Rendo to the ticket!