Eagles Fans in Atlantic-Burlington-Camden-Cape May-Cumberland-Gloucester-Salem Counties Rally Around Native Son
This is Eagles Country. Everyone can trace their roots to Philadelphia on at least one side of the family. Sports fans bleed green during football season, red and white after spring training and black ‘n’ orange when there’s no lockout in effect. But today and tomorrow when the Super Bowl is played, as has been the case for the past couple weeks, nearly everyone around here is sporting Baltimore Ravens purple in honor of the Audubon native.
I wrote a little more about the “Flacco Fever” currently sweeping New Jersey’s southern region earlier today at my legal blog. Interested in learning a little bit more about Flacco’s Jersey roots for yourselves?
Here’s a brief round up on the subject…
- “Joe Flacco Reflects on High School Days” (USA Today)
- “Super Bowl XLVII: Joe Flacco’s Jersey Roots keep him humble before biggest game of his life” (The Newark Star-Ledger)
- “Joe Flacco’s Former Coach, Mark Deal, Knew Baltimore Ravens Quarterback Would Succeed” (The Newark Star-Ledger)
- “Joe Flacco’s Legend Was Born in High School” (USA Today)
- “Video: Audubon’s Joe Flacco Super Bowl Bound” (Philadelphia 6-ABC)