It’s balanced. It doesn’t raise taxes. But it’s still way too big for any fiscal conservative to endorse, Save Jerseyans. But now it’s law.
Governor Christie signed a $31.7 billion FY 2013 budget a short time ago.
Our FY 2012 budget was $29.7 billion after veto-related cuts. So this budget is $2B larger than last year’s final product, folks. Ugh…
Highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):
- Christie’s final product includes an increase of $2.05 billion to education… about the same amount as the total budget increase over FY 2012. Necessary?
- FY 2013 Veto Message (pdf)
- Silver-lining: Governor vetoes foreclosed housing scam!
- Christie Letter Returning S-1566 (pdf)
- Christie’s Letter Returning A-3029 (pdf)
- Kudos to @GovChristie for spiking Dem attempt to restore $7.4M in family planning funds back into the budget.
- Christie’s Letter Returning S-2013 (pdf)
- Background? Visit Save Jersey‘s extensive state budget archives!